Agnes Scott College - McCain Library Historic Restoration and Addition
- 75,000 sq ft
- $11 million
- 5 stories
- Historic renovation
- Originally built in 1936 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994, this mindful restoration and expansion updated the existing 30,000 sf library building and added 45,000 sf of collegiate facilities.
- To preserve the historic facade, the addition was constructed on the back of the existing library. It is constructed of concrete flat plate post-tensioned floors and concrete columns.
- The original historic library structure, which consists of four main levels and a grand reading room with open-truss ceiling, was restored and now provides updated study, instruction, and technology facilities that are much needed for the growing campus.