Georgia Tech Kendeda Building
- 37,000 sq ft
- $60 million
- 2 stories
- Completed in 2019
- This building is one of the first Living Building Challenge (LBC) 3.0 certified projects in the Southeast.
- Uzun + Case worked with the team to meet LBC goals through creative engineering solutions, including the iconic mast-like columns, the efficient composite wood/steel trusses and the recycled nail-laminated wooden flooring system.
- The exposed wood structure and connections provide a teaching resource for sustainable construction.
- The exterior walkway’s canopy as designed to support over 900 solar panels to help the building produce over 100% of its required energy, creating a net positive energy impact.
- This project is a prototype for future sustainable design and construction practices.
1st Place Award in Public Works, Education Category
American Concrete Institute (ACI), Georgia Chapter
Engineering Excellence Award, Honor Award
Georgia Engineering Alliance (GEA)