International Waterfront Centre
Port of Spain, Trinidad
- 1,700,000 sq ft
- $240 million
- 26 stories
- Completed in 2006
- This project introduced high-rise concrete building technology to a predominantly structural steel building culture.
- Uzun + Case brought state-of-the-art earthquake analysis and design techniques to an area with high seismicity, but limited and outdated regulations.
- A combination of concrete technologies, including cast-in-place, plant precast, and site precast, were utilized to reduce cost, improve the schedule, and support the contractor’s logistical requirements.
- The site’s liquefiable soils were accommodated using a combination of dynamic soil compaction and seismically detailed precast concrete piles.
- Featured in Structure Magazine, this project has been recognized for its effective integration of American design practices with international construction methodology and local regulatory and supply constraints.