Piedmont Atlanta Hospital Marcus Tower
- 950,000 sq ft
- $450 million
- 16 stories
- Completed in 2020
- This major expansion to the Piedmont Atlanta Hospital campus houses critical and acute care patient beds, laboratories, and surgery centers.
- The signature curved geometry of the building was achieved using post-tensioned concrete framing.
- Tower columns could not continue through the large open ground floor lobby, resulting in the need for a system of massive 10-foot deep post-tensioned transfer girders above.
- Special measures were undertaken to accommodate the tie-in to multiple adjacent buildings.
- The sloping site and variable subgrade conditions resulted in significant earth retention challenges and also the need for multiple foundation types.