Warehouse Expansion with Data Center
Confidential Client and Location
- 460,000 sq ft
- 2 MW data center
- 3 stories
- Completed in 2022
- Part of the strategic expansion of an existing warehouse facility, this multiphase project added over 460,000 sf of warehouse floor, upgraded existing structure to support new equipment, and added employee facilities essential to the modernization of the site.
- The first phase of construction included a new 21,000 sf, 2 MW Critical IT Capacity data center addition that is hardened for disaster resistance, specifically tornadoes.
- The steel structure is exposed throughout the facility including HSS trusses and brace frames that provide lateral stability to the perimeter building and interior two-story mezzanine.
- To support the roof deck, long span joists and joist girders were selected for their economy and length.
- The 60-foot clear warehouse houses robotic automatic storage, retrieval, and conveying systems.
- The steel fiber reinforced concrete slab-on-ground with joints was designed to extend over 100 feet and support the high-bay racks.